If the quality of your webcam is not sufficient, you have two options to use an external camera signal:
1. You use a software that allows you to connect your camera directly to the USB port of your computer. This way you use the better optics of the sensor as a video source. Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, and other manufacturers offer software for free download:
- For Canon: Webcam Utility Software
- For Olympus: OM-D Webcam Beta
- For Nikon: Camera Control Pro 2
- For Panasonic: Lumix Webcam Software
2. If you want to use an external HDMI signal from a camera or even a mixed signal from multiple cameras for Video.Taxi Studio, an HDMI-to-USB adapter like the Elgato Camlink is the right choice. With the adapter, you can mix a high-quality multi-camera production directly via Video.Taxi Studio with other participants and stream it live.
The Elgato Camlink costs about 125.- Euro on Amazon